During this particular pandemic, there are lots of people I’m understandably angry at:
- People turning mask-wearing into a political issue instead of a simple way to slow the spread.
- Young adults so eager to pretend life is back to normal, they’re spreading the virus without knowing it.
- The “greatest country of the world” doing far too little while countries across the ocean responded fast and won.
- Old white people clashing with protestors and police to protect a statue of one of history’s better known genocidal idiots.
- Nintendo for making controllers that keep drifting, and threatening my best source of quarantine entertainment.
- The state of Florida for continuing to exist.
But I remember this quote from one of the few self-help books I enjoy.
Anger is good when it inspires us to action. But even then, relying on it too can be too heavy a sacrifice. As angry as I feel about many things, it shouldn’t be the main thing getting me out of bed each day.