Nice and good aren’t the same thing.
Someone can smile and politely greet you while doing evil things like:
- Refusing service to black people
- Turning down an insurance claim so someone is bankrupted by simply not dying
- Firing someone for being a woman
- Wearing clown makeup
- Making you watch The Notebook
- Standing back and letting one group shoot another down
Don’t let reasons like “keeping the peace” and “being a nice person” on their own convince you someone is good.
Keeping the peace doesn't make you peaceful.https://t.co/FvkKnprSyD— Max Antonucci (@Maxwell_Dev) April 23, 2019
Good people regarded as heroes today were often scolded as rulebreakers before. Similar history could be playing out with them now.